Everything you need to start modifying your home or business.

East Coast Accessibility Builders ute on the Coffs Harbour breakwall after installing the railings

Getting Started

Below is a range of information about how the home modifications process works, including accessing funding, our process, Occupational Therapist Assessments & links to government announcements.

The available funding options are generally based on the age of the person using the modification;

For those under the age of 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander persons, the National Disability Insurance Scheme is applicable.

Those over the age of 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander persons will come under the My Aged Care scheme.

If you have any questions that cannot be answered below, please feel free to contact us.

Funding Options

Customer Stories

Watch our customers bring their stories to you.

Funding Options

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

Under 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
Under 65 for all others

NDIS provides those with disabilities the opportunity to create individualised plans, and the ability to choose what services, support and activities they’d like to receive. The NDIS  “is the new way of providing individualised support for eligible people with permanent and significant disability, their families and carers”

Accessibility Experts has become a preferred NDIS provider receiving a Certificate of Verification in May 2015.  For further information visit the National Disability Insurance Scheme site or sign up to our mailing list.

For further information, click here to visit the Australian Government NDIS website.

My Aged Care (MAC)

Over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
Over 65 for all others

Accessibility Experts work together with My Aged Care, offering solutions for the aged to remain living independently in their own homes.

While Accessibility Experts can help with modification solutions and provide advice on how to make your home safe and comfortable, My Aged Care offer access to a broad range of more complex services. These government funded services include meal service, nursing care and transport.

Click here to visit the official My Aged Care website

Other funding options:

If you’re ineligible for any government or state funding, you can request a quote and pay for our services through your own arrangements.

Donations, community fundraisers and crowd-funding campaigns can be a great way to fund the home modification for yourself or a loved one. While we don’t provide any specialist advice or service relating to these alternatives, we’re more than happy to have a conversation and help in any way we can.

Payment Plans can also be arranged. Please contact our office for more details.

How does it work?

Follow our step-by-step guide to completing your modification.

Select the option below that applies to the user of the home modification:

UNDER 65 years of age / UNDER 50 for ATSI Persons
OVER 65 years of age / OVER 50 for ATSI Persons
I'm modifying my BUSINESS premises